Air Age Media is dedicated to providing its employees with meaningful and motivating work assignments in an environment that allows for the creative expression of their talents in the production of media to inspire our readers. When you join Air Age Media, you become a part of a dynamic, creative and growth-oriented team. We are the largest multimedia publisher of magazines and ancillary products for enthusiasts of radio-control cars and planes as well as diecast model collectors and aviation history buffs. Air Age Media, founded in 1929, remains a family business.
AirAge.com, the website for Air Age Media, has relaunched with a new design and totally expanded features. This is the portal to our magazine websites, which offer more of the information, news, blogs, forums and event coverage that RC fans are looking for. On our magazine websites, you’ll find exclusive product launches, insider tech tips, the latest product reviews, high-quality forums frequented by our editorial experts, how-tos from the pros and in-depth build-alongs of kit- and scratch built projects.
We are headquartered in picturesque Wilton, CT, a little more than an hour’ s drive from New York City and Hartford, CT. We enjoy close proximity and easy commutes from Westchester, Putnam and Fairfield counties.
Our Creative Team is looking for an in-house videographer to concept, shoot and produce branded video content (meaning ‘stuff that shows how awesome we are’). Projects are a mix of stylized brand pieces, on-location event coverage and action footage and short and long-form instructional videos for both internal and external use. We’d like someone with experience in both reporting and commercial styles. You would be an integral part of shaping our brand and we want someone who has a unique perspective and approach. You’ll need to have both camera and editing skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. We’re looking for someone who knows how to see and capture interesting stories in a variety of ways and assist our editorial team in achieving professional results.
Opportunity and Growth: Reporting to our VP of Media Services and Corporate Strategy, you will have the opportunity to produce branded video content across all products and platforms and contribute to the success of the leading media and publications in the RC space!
• Production, direction, shooting and editing of video projects;
• Coordination of the post-production process;
• Tracking and communication with in-house and remote editors, management of shoot dates/times, revenue and expenses;
• Plan and management of on-location shoots;
• Collaborative experience with creative and marketing teams to develop and improve video concepts;
• Shoot still and action photography as needed.
Your Experience Includes:
• A great portfolio! We want to see interesting, skilled work that shows you have a creative perspective.
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Video, Design, New Media, etc.
• Five to seven years minimum work experience as a videographer/photographer.
• Strong post-production skills utilizing the following tools: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere and After Effects, Avid, Sony Vegas, Maya or similar programs.
• Familiarity with live-streaming or web-casting both in-studio and on location.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under tight deadlines.
• Strong and demonstrable production skills including camera operation, light and sound.
• Experience in green-screening, keying and animation is a plus.
• Ability to find, edit and mix music tracks.
• Great work ethic, strong narrative skills and collaborative player a must.
• Vocational or avocational experience with action/motorsports a plus.
• Ability to read long lists (Congrats, you did it!)
Produce highly creative video and photographic content engages our audience and broadens our brand.
Our culture is dynamic and interesting with an eye toward “giving back” to our community, events, outings, training, and a supportive senior management team.
For immediate consideration, email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Videographer/Photographer” in the subject line of your email.
Advertising Sales Representative – Orange County, CA or Fairfield County, CT
We seek a dynamic and driven advertising sales representative with a track record of success to join our sales team in Wilton, CT, our HQ office or Orange County, CA (based in a home office). This is a great opportunity for an individual who knows how to close the deal. The objective of this position is to develop relationships with new advertisers as well as continue to enhance and build current relationships.
Opportunity and Growth: Reporting to our Sales Director, you will have the opportunity to manage and grow a territory which includes
Your experience includes:
• 5+ years of inside/outside sales experience selling both print, on-line advertising and digital properties.
• Full life-cycle sales experience including prospecting, presentation, negotiation and strong closing skills with a strong customer-relationship focus.
• Strong telephone presence and sales skills which can develop new and enhance existing relationships.
• Excellent writing skills to craft emails, letters and presentations that compel your clients to advertise.
• Development of proposals which are creative and show a commitment to earn and retain the customer’s trust and ongoing business.
• Successful track record of building sales campaigns resulting in customer acquisition by meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
• Execution-oriented with a passion for results.
• Experience motor sports or RC a plus.
• Develop a complete understanding of the market the brand serves.
• Produce strategic sales campaigns that accelerate our go-to-market strategies and increase company visibility and revenue.
• Ability to think outside of the box and present creative solutions.
• Be a closer.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Our culture is stimulating, dynamic and offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment.
For immediate consideration, email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Please reference “Advertising Sales Representative” in the subject line of your email and include salary requirements in your cover letter. No agencies or phone calls please.
Air Age Media offers a limited number of internships to students who are motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking. An internship is an excellent way to gain experience in your field of interest and can lead to full-time employment.
We encourage you to contact us about possible internships if you are an undergraduate student or a first-year graduate student. Based on demand, internships are available in
• sales and marketing
• graphic design
Interested students may forward their resumes via e-mail to HR@airage.com. Please indicate your area of interest and your availability.
For directions, click here.
Benefits at a Glance
Air Age Media is committed to providing its staff with a competitive total compensation package. As part of that package, eligible employees may take advantage of a variety of benefit choices, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation and Personal Days
• Sick Days
• Direct Deposit
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Summer Hours
• Casual Dress Code
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance and AD&D
We also sponsor a variety of employee activities, such as:
• Bagel breakfasts every Friday
• Picnics and special luncheons
• Quarterly birthday celebrations
• Annual holiday party
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Air Age Media believes that all individuals are entitled to equal opportunity in every area of employment, including recruitment, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, training, education and any other employee programs. No individual will be discriminated against or harassed because of age, color, race, national origin, disability, marital status, religion, gender, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.