Air Age Media is dedicated to providing its employees with meaningful and motivating work assignments in an environment that allows for the creative expression of their talents in the production of media to inspire our readers. When you join Air Age Media, you become a part of a dynamic, creative and growth-oriented team. We are the largest multimedia publisher of magazines and ancillary products for enthusiasts of radio-control cars and planes as well as diecast model collectors and aviation history buffs. Air Age Media, founded in 1929, remains a family business.
AirAge.com, the website for Air Age Media, is the portal to our magazine websites, which offer more of the information, news, blogs, forums and event coverage that RC fans are looking for. On our magazine websites, you’ll find exclusive product launches, insider tech tips, the latest product reviews, high-quality forums frequented by our editorial experts, how-tos from the pros and in-depth build-alongs of kit- and scratch built projects.
We are headquartered in picturesque Wilton, CT, a little more than an hour’ s drive from New York City and Hartford, CT. We enjoy close proximity and easy commutes from Westchester, Putnam and Fairfield counties.
Publishing Operations Coordinator
Start 2015 with a great opportunity in Wilton, Connecticut!
Air Age Media is the leading multimedia publisher for a variety of enthusiast markets. Our six market-leading brands are devoted to radio control, aviation and die cast models, including a new publication focused on the exciting personal drone market. Air Age Media also creates a full line of ancillary print and digital content, including books, SIPs and DVDs. Finally, we also produce RCX, the world’s largest radio control expo. Our network of category-leading brands reaches an audience of more than one million across the full age spectrum, from young action-sports fans to seasoned modelers.
Air Age Media is a busy publisher that ships multiple titles at a time, so we are in need of a detail-minded self-starter who can easily shift from task to task and provide top-shelf work product in various capacities. The Publishing Operations Coordinator needs to be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with editorial and advertising to create magazine maps
• Traffic and preflight ad material
• Compose, package and ship files to printers
• Review and approve final pages
• Create and distribute print orders and press work
• Distribution and publishing of content to digital publishing channels
• Maintain back-issue magazine inventory. Distribute to trade shows, etc.
• Assist with design projects to include trade show materials, house ads, books and marketing materials
• Manage marketing materials (hats, t-shirts, flyers, etc) by creating PO’s and process final files
• Traffic and schedule web and e-newsletter ads
• Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multiple vendors and departments within the company
• Work with a team as well as independently to meet tight deadlines
• Strong research skills and overall resourcefulness
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
• Familiarity with Datatrax and ALS software a plus
For immediate consideration, email your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference Publishing Operations Coordinator in the subject line of your email. Salary expectations must be included for consideration. Salary will be discussed with your interview.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Air Age Media is the leading multimedia publisher for enthusiasts of radio-control cars, planes, and helis. In addition to six market-leading magazines devoted to RC, aviation and diecast models, Air Age Media produces a full line of ancillary products including books, special issues, DVDs, RCX, the world s largest radio control expo and The Radio Control Show, the only weekly RC show on the web. Our network of category-leading magazines reaches more than 1 million readers across the full age spectrum, from young action-sports fans to seasoned modelers.
We are looking for a player coach who is a strategic-minded, highly motivated sales professional with digital savvy to join our team based in Wilton, CT. You will be goal oriented to win new business, maintain current clients and exceed monthly quotas.
• Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals
• Grow and upgrade organizational thinking in sales and marketing
• Strong leadership within the organization and with external partners
• Management of a sales and marketing team with a successful track record
• Previous experience managing and exceeding sales and budget goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/MBA strongly preferred
If you are passionate about selling, possess excellent presentation and closing skills and the ability to make a difference, then we’d love to meet you!
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Air Age Media offers a limited number of internships to students who are motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking. An internship is an excellent way to gain experience in your field of interest and can lead to full-time employment.
We encourage you to contact us about possible internships if you are an undergraduate student or a first-year graduate student. Based on demand, internships are available in
• sales and marketing
• graphic design
Interested students may forward their resumes via e-mail to HR@airage.com. Please indicate your area of interest and your availability.
For directions, click here.
Benefits at a Glance
Air Age Media is committed to providing its staff with a competitive total compensation package. As part of that package, eligible employees may take advantage of a variety of benefit choices, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation and Personal Days
• Sick Days
• Direct Deposit
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Summer Hours
• Casual Dress Code
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance and AD&D
We also sponsor a variety of employee activities, such as:
• Bagel breakfasts every Friday
• Picnics and special luncheons
• Quarterly birthday celebrations
• Annual holiday party
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Air Age Media believes that all individuals are entitled to equal opportunity in every area of employment, including recruitment, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, training, education and any other employee programs. No individual will be discriminated against or harassed because of age, color, race, national origin, disability, marital status, religion, gender, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.