Air Age Media is dedicated to providing its employees with meaningful and motivating work assignments in an environment that allows for the creative expression of their talents in the production of media to inspire our readers. When you join Air Age Media, you become a part of a dynamic, creative and growth-oriented team. We are the largest multimedia publisher of magazines and ancillary products for enthusiasts of radio-control cars and planes as well as diecast model collectors and aviation history buffs. Air Age Media, founded in 1929, remains a family business.
AirAge.com, the website for Air Age Media, is the portal to our magazine websites, which offer more of the information, news, blogs, forums and event coverage that RC fans are looking for. On our magazine websites, you’ll find exclusive product launches, insider tech tips, the latest product reviews, high-quality forums frequented by our editorial experts, how-tos from the pros and in-depth build-alongs of kit- and scratch built projects.
We are headquartered in picturesque Wilton, CT, a little more than an hour’ s drive from New York City and Hartford, CT. We enjoy close proximity and easy commutes from Westchester, Putnam and Fairfield counties.
Air Age Media is the leading multimedia publisher for enthusiasts of radio-control cars, planes, and helis. In addition to six market-leading magazines devoted to RC, aviation and diecast models, Air Age Media produces a full line of ancillary products including books, special issues, DVDs, RCX, the world s largest radio control expo and The Radio Control Show, the only weekly RC show on the web. Our network of category-leading magazines reaches more than 1 million readers across the full age spectrum, from young action-sports fans to seasoned modelers.
Job Requirements or Qualifications
We’re looking for an account executive with a proven track-record of success to join our sales team in Wilton, CT or anywhere in the U.S. (based in a home office). The objective of this position is to develop relationships with new advertisers as well as continue to enhance and build current relationships.
Opportunity and Growth:
This is a newly created position reporting to our Advertising Director where you will have the opportunity to manage and grow a territory.
Your experience includes:
• 5+ years of inside/outside sales experience selling both print, online advertising solutions and digital properties.
• Full life-cycle sales experience including prospecting, presentation, negotiation and strong closing skills with a strong customer-relationship focus.
• Strong telephone presence and sales skills which can develop new and enhance existing relationships.
• Excellent writing skills to craft emails, letters and presentations that compel your clients to advertise.
• Development of proposals which are creative and show a commitment to earn and retain the customer’s trust and ongoing business.
• Successful track record of building sales campaigns resulting in customer acquisition by meeting and exceeding revenue targets.
• Execution-oriented with a passion for results.
• Experience in motorsports or RC a plus.
• Develop a complete understanding of the market the brand serves.
• Produce strategic sales campaigns that accelerate our go-to-market strategies and increase company visibility and revenue.
• Ability to think outside of the box and present creative solutions.
• Be a closer.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
Our culture is stimulating, dynamic, and offers the opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Total Work Exp 5 years
Salary Very Competitive
Benefits 401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health, Telecommute Policy
Job Category Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Sales/Advertising Sales
Job Location Wilton, CT 06897 USA
For immediate consideration, email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Please reference “Account Executive” in the subject line of your email and include salary requirements in your cover letter. No agencies or phone calls please.
Air Age Media offers a limited number of internships to students who are motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking. An internship is an excellent way to gain experience in your field of interest and can lead to full-time employment.
We encourage you to contact us about possible internships if you are an undergraduate student or a first-year graduate student. Based on demand, internships are available in
• sales and marketing
• graphic design
Interested students may forward their resumes via e-mail to HR@airage.com. Please indicate your area of interest and your availability.
For directions, click here.
Benefits at a Glance
Air Age Media is committed to providing its staff with a competitive total compensation package. As part of that package, eligible employees may take advantage of a variety of benefit choices, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401(K) Savings Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation and Personal Days
• Sick Days
• Direct Deposit
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Summer Hours
• Casual Dress Code
• Short Term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance and AD&D
We also sponsor a variety of employee activities, such as:
• Bagel breakfasts every Friday
• Picnics and special luncheons
• Quarterly birthday celebrations
• Annual holiday party
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Air Age Media believes that all individuals are entitled to equal opportunity in every area of employment, including recruitment, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, training, education and any other employee programs. No individual will be discriminated against or harassed because of age, color, race, national origin, disability, marital status, religion, gender, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.